fish behavior during storms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattAquaBio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have you ever noticed your fish behaving differently when there is a storm? i know this is a natural thing in the wild obviously, but until today i never noticed a change in the behavior of the fish in my aquarium during a storm. They were all swimming around and laying and such, and then after a reallyloud thunder crack the fish all swam behind plants and are hiding. They are still hiding and are progressively getting more skiddish.

we had quite a few storms in the last few months and i havent seen my fish hide or get scared. but it i guess it depends on the fish because i have read many storys on this.

I only notice it in our 55 gal tank. Lightning cracks and thunder strikes really echo in our apt. I'm assuming that the sound is penetrating into the tank and causing a scare. It only happens in our 55 but that's probably because it's the only room with 3 out of 4 outside walls.

My male bettas usually blow really big bubblenests around whenever a big storm blows through. None of my other fish seem to change their behaviour, though, far as I can tell.

Yeah i live in a duplex and i'm the end room of the house, which means that two of my walls are end walls. Also i had my window up.

Back
Top Bottom