Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

fish changed colors?

a couple months ago my son bought a blank and white speckled molly for our tank. It looked very salt and pepper. Little by little though, it has completely turned black. What happened? He is swimming around and seems fine so I cant tell if he has something. Any ideas?

Stacie

Old 11-02-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My guess is the molly was pretty young when you first got it and now as it is maturing its real colors are coming through.

I have had the opposite happen...my black molly came home from the fish store with very tiny white areas under her gills...now she has whitish areas on most of her body! I think she is slowly becoming a dalmatian or speckled molly, so they mistakenly had her in the "black molly" tank.

Old 11-02-2003, 02:01 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
Yeah. This doesn't sound like a pathological issue. I wouldn't worry about disease.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks- I could not figure out the color change. As long as he is healthy I guess I will just not worry about it. I will say that although the black looks ok, He looked really cool with the white and black speckles. Oh well.

Thanks

Stacie
flourescent light bar
3 goldfish
6 red wag platy
2 mystery snails
1 gray snail
saaebn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
changed, colors

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com