fish changed colors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saaebn

Aquarium Advice Regular
a couple months ago my son bought a blank and white speckled molly for our tank. It looked very salt and pepper. Little by little though, it has completely turned black. What happened? He is swimming around and seems fine so I cant tell if he has something. Any ideas?

Stacie

My guess is the molly was pretty young when you first got it and now as it is maturing its real colors are coming through.

I have had the opposite happen...my black molly came home from the fish store with very tiny white areas under her gills...now she has whitish areas on most of her body! I think she is slowly becoming a dalmatian or speckled molly, so they mistakenly had her in the "black molly" tank.

Yeah. This doesn't sound like a pathological issue. I wouldn't worry about disease.

Thanks- I could not figure out the color change. As long as he is healthy I guess I will just not worry about it. I will say that although the black looks ok, He looked really cool with the white and black speckles. Oh well. :roll:

Thanks

Stacie :D

Back
Top Bottom