Fish Companions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Another question for you guys... I have a 37gallon tank, with 1 Angel fish, I bronze cory, 2 platies, 2 golden gournami's, and 2 guppies. What else would you suggest to add to this tank? Or is the tank stocked with enough fish? I was thinking along the line of adding a fish that would from shoals / school..along the lines of tetra's? Or would this be a mistake?
Looking forward to hearing your views...

You could and should get 3-4 more bronze cories they like to be in groups. I think you have room for 6-8 smaller tetras. Rummys or lemons are nice.

I second the addition of a school of tetras. Rummynose tetras are great schoolers. If you can find some quality stock, I'd get 6-8 of them. Lemons are also nice. Some others are flame (von rios) tetras, black neons (ok to keep with angels), pristellas, and harlequin rasboras. All would appreciate a school of 6-8.

And your cory needs some friends! I'd get atleast 3 more...preferably 5 more.

Neon tetras really seem like some kind of mutant weakling tetras. My lemon tetras are probably the heartiest fish I own.

Anyway, your tank is kind of all over the place. Like rich suggested, I would get 3-4 more cories if you're going to keep them. I might be wrong, but it seems like people have better results in general when they have more fish of the same kind (unless they're massively overstocked). I would pick either platies or guppies and just get about 6 of one and get rid of the other, instead of 2 and 2.

For example, I've got 6 swords and a golden gourami, and even though they're not exactly schooling fish, I always get the sense that the swords sort of "got each other's back" when the gourami gets nippy.

Back
Top Bottom