Fish compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aimeeo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright, well, I am moving soon and was considering combining 2 of my small tanks. I have a 25 and a 29 gal. In the 29 gal I have 4 tiger barbs (3 albino and 1 black), clown loach, skunk botia, zebra loach, yo-yo botia, red tailed shark, striped raphael, and an algae eater. My 25 gal has 5 corys, some random small tetras, 2 dwarf puffers, a blue paradise gourami, 2 cherry barbs, and 2 of those little algae eaters (starts with an o). Will all of these fish get along? I worry mostly about my corys. I've lost quite a few of them lately due to a bug problem (see one of my previous threads).

There are also 2 angels, that I am going to try to move into my 160 gal with a 11 inch bala, 12 inch pangasius cat, 2 pink kissers, 2 silver dollars and 2 other angels. Is that going to be okay? The 2 angels that are already in there are a couple (they have laid eggs many times, but the other fish always eat them). The 2 that I would be adding are quite a bit younger and about 3/4 of their size. I think they are both male. They are all going to a new tank when we move, so I figured it might be okay to toss a few extra fish in there since they will be adjusting to the new tank anyway.

I don't want to leave the angels in with the others in the small tank since I know that tiger barbs have a tendency to nip at fish with long fins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cat:

i think in a 160 that would be fine, my only worry would be puffers and tiger barbs, but if they are doing fine in what they are now, then you should be set, and in a 160, you can have a huge amount of fish that size!

I think I've confused you. I meant that I wanted to combine the fish in my 25 and my 29 into just the 29 gal. The 160 is for the other fish I mentioned that I was wanting to combine my angels in.

oh, well in a 29, i dont see anyreason why not , tigers arent that agressive, the puffers might have territory issues, but if you havent had problems with them yet, you probably wont

I would never add a puffer to a community of fish i ahve seen fitrsthand what this will do. Other that that it should be ok.

JMHO

personally I would watch the tiger barbs and see how they act with the other less aggressive fish. also the puffers do tend to nip abit might watch that.

My puffers have been in a community tank for over 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with them. Also, my tigers aren't quite as aggressive as everyone says that they are supposed to be. They just kind of hang out in the corners and mind their own business. They don't seem to care that there is even any other fish in the tank.

The problem will be the lack of space causing any semi-aggressives (red-tail shark, skunk loach, yo-yo loach) to become aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom