Fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

screaminbuckeye

Aquarium Advice Regular
This past Wednesday was my 20th birthday. Several of my friends decided to suprise me with a 10 gal tank w/ filter and fine pebble substrate. They knew enough to cycle the tank before dumping in my present...2 glo fish. Lol I have never expresssed an interest in them but being a Mol. Gen. major it seemed logical to my friends. So I have 2 glo fish and I am wondering what kinda fish I can put with them? I was thinking gobies but I don't know much about them. My lfs (the good one) hasn't a clue bc they don't sell the glo fish.

A good website which may help you out here is: http://www.fishprofiles.com/

Most community fish will be fine but just ensure you dont overstock as the tank is rather small but good for a bed room etc. I have around a 17gal tank and it has served its purpose well as a community tank and has provided many hours of enjoyment...

Beware though it wont be to long untill you want another which you can house many of the larger varieties of fish... I'm talking from myself, i just set up a 55gal tank :D

I am not sure but I think that gobies are only saltwater and brackish water (different species). I don't know if there are any freshwater species.

I would add some more zebra danios or else a couple more glo fish. They like company. Then I would add 3-4 dwarf cory catfish on the bottom. That would pretty much fill up the tank bioload wise and be a very easy tank to care for. Add some live plants as well if you think you might have a bit of a green thumb. There is lots of variety there as well with easy to extremely hard types of plants.

*nods and agrees with tkos*

I'd prob add just regular danios; I think the price of the glo ones is ridiculous! Oh and do know they don't glow in the dark; they flouresce. You'll need a flourescent light to see em glow.

Btw, nice friends! Wish mine would give me fish tanks *grin*

I am gonna wait a couple days to get some zebra danios (it's snowing here in Ohio). Lol this is my 6th tank (4 in my dorm). How many zebras can I get and keep the bio load on the medium level? My dorm has a fluorescent light and my tank came with one so the getting the things to glow isn't a problem tho I expected more. Still they are cool little fish that were initially designed for helping not for retail.

Back
Top Bottom