Fish Comrodery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a pretty serious tank rearrange today (I get bored easily), and it was so funny. As soon as I closed the lid, all of my fish, the danios, the bloodfins, and the guppies swam around together for 5 minutes. They were almost schooling. They just swam around in a big ball. It was hilarious. Anyway, I thought it was funny, and I thought I'd share.

I know we've had similar threads, but anybody have any similar experiences? I seem to remember reading a story sometime about this person who had... uh... I don't remember the exact fish they had, but they had two brother fish. That type of fish likes to hang out in caves all day, and they're territorial. Anyway, one day he introduces a bigger fish in the tank (not the same species). The bigger fish really wanted one of the brother's caves, and he was picking on him to move. The little brother fish couldn't do anything about it, but then his brother came around and together they bullied the bigger fish away from the one brother's cave. Since then he says there has been no problems. I'll have to find the story.

Ah, here it is. Yeah yeah yeah it's on a different site, deal with it. I was almost right in telling the story :)

that is so cool! too bad you couldn't get any video :D

and what a cool story about the cichlids! that would have been so cool to watch

Same thing happened to me on Sunday when I did some trimming and rescaping. My von rios usually hang out in groups and my lone diamond tetra by himself. After the rescape and water change they were all schooling, following the diamond everywhere. I think this is because my diamond is 2-3x the size of the rios at this point. It is funny to watch.

Back
Top Bottom