Fish dont care about time changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

If any of you feed your fish at the same time every day, you might have noticed this. I feed my fish at 5:00 pm every day and they know it. They all gather at the top of the tank and wait. But ever since the clocks changed, they still wait for their supper at the same time before the clocks changed.

I thought this was an interesting observation on fish behavior.

Mine do the same thing at 5:00 pm daily(or what they think is 5:00pm). If fish are such simple minded creatures, how do they know the time of day, when it's feeding time? What triggers "5:00pm", supper time for them? They are as accurate as a clock.

you can train yourself to wake up at a certain time too, right on the dot. just like how you can guess that you've been in the shower for 15 minutes or longer.

however, i disagree, i think you should feed your fish more than once a day. people can tell themselves, 'fish will over eat if i feed them twice a day, God forbid!" are the same people that say "fish dont feel pain when i put them on a hook, or hold them by their gills"

At least fish can't wake you up to get fed, unlike the rest of my animals. :roll:

hc8719 said:
however, i disagree, i think you should feed your fish more than once a day. people can tell themselves, 'fish will over eat if i feed them twice a day, God forbid!" are the same people that say "fish dont feel pain when i put them on a hook, or hold them by their gills"

That's kind of harsh. I don't even feed mine every day.
The people who are worried about fish overeating are the people who think that fish death is the result of eating too much and not from water pollution from the decaying leftovers.

Back
Top Bottom