Fish euthanasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akkitten

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had to euthanize my first fish tonight, it was a lot harder than I thought. But the columnaris spread fast, and when I found her nose down and tail up not moving I knew it was time. I feel absoutely terrible as that little girl guppy had been with me since I started my bad learning curve of cycling with fish and had been through a lot.

RIP Blue, your time with me was learning that I will carry with me as I proceed through aquariums and life.

Aw, poor girl. It's hard to put down any pet when a vet does it, but doing it yourself would have to be twice as hard. Sorry for your loss.

RIP Blue.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Thank you everyone. I have had to put down animals at the vet before, that will knock me down crying for a day or so. Its a very hard decision to come to I thought that tough lil gal would be with me for awhile. I just saw this on another blog site so I am stealing it...

I've used both the freezer and alcohol methods. Both seem relatively humane, but I lean towards the alcohol method as it's quicker.

RIP Pansa Princess - loosing a horse has to be tough. My condolances to you.

I found this on another site, and liked it...

"My method uses both rubbing alcohol and vodka. The rubbing alcohol to ease the fish's pain, the vodka to ease my pain from having to put down a beloved pet."

Thank you. We called her Pansy. I was going to show her for 4-H this year. At least we still have her son, Prinze. And that is read as prince.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom