Fish farm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thras

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have a fish farm? I want to know how you set up the outdoor fish ponds? How u keep them warm in the winter and keep the water perimeters even with out filters

A fish farm? Like a commercial farm? I have tubs outside but nothing on any major scale. One day I'd like to set up some concrete tanks and have a fish/plant garden, but it's not int he near future.

Do u keep fish in them what do u do for filters/bacteria and heat during the winter or do u just keep plants in them

I have fish and plants in them. I have 1/2" PVC air line running from my garage out to my back deck that supplies air to all of the tubs, they all have sponge filters in them.

In the winter I take the fish out and bring them inside. I'm in florida so the temps don't get extreme but it does get cold enough to move the fish inside.

Yea I'm in fl too is there a way to set them
Up where u wouldn't need filters or air?

Btw I was thinking a plastic green house for the winter months

Are u using a regular air compressor like the one I have in my garage?

No I have an alita al-60 linear drive air pump. The greenhouse idea is great for the winter months.

I've set tubs up without any filtration at all, and the plants /wind seemed to keep the fish happy, but they definitely do better with aeration and some infrequent water changes.

Cool have u ever thought about doing clay bottoms in small ponds?

Back
Top Bottom