Fish fasting day. The importance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might help if we all list the fish we are feeding and when ( how often) as different fish require different feeding habits. There is no blanket rule for all fish just strong suggestions for fish species. I would not feed my young fish the same as my old ones and I would not feed my Oscar the same way I feed my Swordtails or Guppies so for us to answer the question helpfully, what fish we are feeding helps. (y)
Yes that is a perfect reply. Frys need power feeding and so as some other fish and some needs normal or less feeding. I always make sure there are no left overs and feed according.

My stocking is:

3 Angels
1 Ghost Knife
2 Archers
1 Scat
1 Pearl Gourami

I feed them twice. Bloodworms, krill, shrimps etc and also hikari excel which are made for Lake Malawi cichlids. I feed that as veggie diet. So meat based diet in morning and veggie diet in evening.

But I feel I m feeding them more as according to suggestions here usually all feed once or every other day.

I have Angelfish, hundreds of them from fry up to breeders, Swordtails, Guppies, Cories, Albino Bristlenose Plecos and Bettas. All but the Bettas get fed 3 times per day because they are all grazer type fish. All are on flow through systems so their water is changed 4 times daily ( only about 10-15% per change). This can easily be duplicated with proper filtration, NO SCRIMPING!! ;) :D
The Bettas get fed every other day as they are not in large tanks and don't expend much energy on a daily basis. Again, all tanked or jarred fish are on flow through.
Food: 3 types for the breeder fish, growth flakes for the growouts and assorted types of Pellets for the cories, bettas and plecos. If anyone wants to chip in for my food bill, I'd gladly accept. ;) (y) :D:lol:

Back
Top Bottom