Fish feeding time concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BalloonBellies

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know if this sounds stupid but I'm starting high school this year and I'm worried about the schedule change with my fish :p I'm fairly new to fish keeping I've only kept a 20 gallon and currently have a 12 gallon with 2 balloon belly mollies some neons and 3 male guppies. I was worried that feeding them at 6 in the morning might be too early for them. Right now I feed them at 8 and they're up but would they even be awake to eat at 6?

I don't know if this sounds stupid but I'm starting high school this year and I'm worried about the schedule change with my fish :p I'm fairly new to fish keeping I've only kept a 20 gallon and currently have a 12 gallon with 2 balloon belly mollies some neons and 3 male guppies. I was worried that feeding them at 6 in the morning might be too early for them. Right now I feed them at 8 and they're up but would they even be awake to eat at 6?

They could easily adjust to feeding times. Do not worry :)

You can skip feeding at 8am and start feeding them after school, It wont bother your fish and they will soon know when is the new feeding time. no worries on changing feeding time. for your type of fish.

Thanks for all the responses :) now that i know that they'll adjust to the new time Ill them feed them after school at 2:30 lol

Personally, I would take out either the guppies or the mollies because they breed like rabbits potentially over populating your tank. And all your guppies are males, which can create fights, send back 1 or 2 guppies for females or lower aggression

Personally, I would take out either the guppies or the mollies because they breed like rabbits potentially over populating your tank. And all your guppies are males, which can create fights, send back 1 or 2 guppies for females or lower aggression

My male guppies have no problems getting along together so far. They came from a tank with all males and as far as I observed they were not being agressive at all. But I have heard of guppies being agressive so I will keep an eye out for any problems. And my two mollies are both girls so I don't have to worry about them breeding

Back
Top Bottom