fish fight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11bkd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

My 90L community tank has become a rough neighbourhood the past couple of days, can anyone help?

I've had 2 bloodied minnow corpses the past 2 days and today a danio is fighting for his life after a severe beating. The problem is bad but it's a tank full of peaceful breeds and they're peaceful when someone's watching.

I have 3 dannios left, only 2 gold minnows left, 2 bronze cory cats, 2 lady Mickey mouse platies, 2 newish kuli loaches and some cherry shrimp in ever increasing numbers. The tank is planted and my water levels seem fine. The invalid danio is in a quarantine tank just now to give him some peace

Help!

Male Platies can be hostile and would be my guess as to the offenders

My guess would be the platies as well. Every fish has a different temperament. They may be okay in one tank but that doesn't mean they'll be fine in another.

My guess would be the platies as well. Every fish has a different temperament. They may be okay in one tank but that doesn't mean they'll be fine in another.

I must be lucky then, every platy I've had has been chilled out ;) unlike the mollies I've had some really bad behaved mollies male and female ..

Weird one then :(

Last night I moved all the decor and some plants around to break up any territorial behaviours and my 4 year old gave a rousing speech about family togetherness so hopefully one of them will have been helpful.

I don't know what to do about stocking levels now. The injured dannio died so now I have only 3 dannios and 2 minnows left. Won't they freak out in such low schooling numbers? Wouldn't new fish be a bad idea?

The platies are both female as we wanted a chilled out tank. The only aggression we've seen is when a loach got too close to a cherry shrimp and got it's *** kicked. (I have ninja shrimp!) I'm doubting the loaches are the dangerous ones after that.

I'm seriously clueless about how to go from here!

Thanks for the input guys. X

The only aggression we've seen is when a loach got too close to a cherry shrimp and got it's *** kicked. (I have ninja shrimp!) I'm doubting the loaches are the dangerous ones after that.
Kuhlis aren't a danger to anyone. I wouldn't add more stock until you are able to find a solution to the aggression.

Weird one then :(

Last night I moved all the decor and some plants around to break up any territorial behaviours and my 4 year old gave a rousing speech about family togetherness so hopefully one of them will have been helpful.

I don't know what to do about stocking levels now. The injured dannio died so now I have only 3 dannios and 2 minnows left. Won't they freak out in such low schooling numbers? Wouldn't new fish be a bad idea?

The platies are both female as we wanted a chilled out tank. The only aggression we've seen is when a loach got too close to a cherry shrimp and got it's *** kicked. (I have ninja shrimp!) I'm doubting the loaches are the dangerous ones after that.

I'm seriously clueless about how to go from here!

Thanks for the input guys. X

If I were u I'd get rid of the platys I have 5 of em n they drive all my fish nuts I'm trying to rehome all of them I wish if I had of known be4 I got them I never would of got them plus they remind me of goldfish lol

Back
Top Bottom