fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive got 2 black fin sharks Ive had for about a month. I got them together. They are about the same size, one is dark/black and the other is lighter more of a silver.. The lighter one has took over the right side of the tank here recently. Hes been fighting with the other black fin.. non of the other fish. I have changed my plants around with my last water change in hopes that it would stop it, but it hasnt. Any suggestions why its gitting territorial like this? Should I get more black fins, or what

thanks in advance

they are territorial, very aggressive, especially towards their own. Best solution, way bigger tank or give one of them to someone.

depends on ur tank size...
two ways to tackle the issue...
1. give one of them away...as NJFishman said...
2. get 3 more !! (spread the aggression)...if ur tank size permits it...

I hope you know they require brackish or salt water when adult and a rather large tank.

I have salt in my tank now.. and its oretty planted too.. My tank is only a 29 gal. thinking of gettin a 55

If you want the "shark(s)" to grow to their largest size and live better at their adult size they need bigger than a 55. :?

A Full Grown balck finned Shark Ctafish needs a 75gal tank, a pair needs a 150gal tank. They need this space to grow to their full potential too.

JMHO

You should get a hydrometer especially for when they are older to know the salt concentration.

I moved the tank around and they are swimming together now. There is more open space, so I think they was fighting for room. My sisters b/f has a 55 gal. but its got cichlids and oascars so they will prolly eat the shark I give him, IF I do give it to him

Back
Top Bottom