Fish fine. Ammonia not.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I tested the water again, 0.5ppm Ammonia. The polyfilter turned brown which is from the tannins of the IAL I had in there. I've done my water change, correct dosing of Prime and Stress Coat. Added a Java Moss Coconut decoration from my 160L and put it in Haiku's tank. Taken out the moss balls that appeared to have lost colour. I'll try and insert a picture of what the tank looks like right now, after the water change. Did 75% and Ammonia is 0.50ppm. Nitrite and Nitrate and pH fine.

I wouldn't use those moss balls. Try another 50%-75% water change now that those are out. Hopefully you don't stress Him out too much.but, If the balls lost color they probably collected alot of waste and built up on them. Might of been the cause.

50% Water Change done. Adding correct does of Prime, already used Stress Coat when adding the water. Again, he's acting fine, darting about the place and begging for food. All other parameters great, just the Ammonia, which has gone down significantly, it's looking more yellow than green now for the first time in 48hrs. It's looking good, the Poly Filter is staying white and I'll test again in a couple of hours before feeding ?

Awesome! Good to here. Another little water change should bring it down to the pretty yellow on the ammonia test that we all love to see. When ever after a water change don't bring your test reading down it's usually something in the tank. Aquarium Salt works good for his fin rot. Water change every 2-3 days and dose again =to the amount of water you took out. When it clears up, change water 2@50%. Take care...[emoji4]

This like what happened to me I added extra floss and did water changes for the last three days and double dunted prime in every bucket of water and everything has come good

Everything is all good now guys thanks for you help! [emoji177]
They have helped me alot and I'm learning so much to everyone on here. I love reading all the posts too. Got answers to some problems my mate is having too from your post

Aw that's good, yeah I'd be lost without these forums! My whole fishkeeping journey is thanks to this forum. Stops me panicking!!

Back
Top Bottom