Fish food!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crick127

Aquarium Advice Regular
What kind/brand of food do you guys feed your fish? I have been feeding mine tetra crisps. I like these because they don't seem to me as messy as flakes. I know you should vary every now and then so I am trying to figure out what else to give. I was thinking dried blood worms but the label says it might be dangerous for individual's with allergies to certain bugs like mosquitos and I am allergic to mosquito bites so want to stay away. Would shrimp pellets be good to mix things up once in a while?

Hikari is a trusted and popular brand that I recommend.

I feed my ghost knife - Hikari sinking carnivore pellets. And he loves it!

I have a small school of neon tetras and one of zebra danios. A couple of platies. A Dwarf Grourami, Bristlenose plecos and 2 Angelfish. (I know angels and neon tetras may not work, I like my neons but fell in love with a couple of Angels and it turned into an impulse buy). I've been feeding everyone the tetra crisps and aqueon pellets for the pecos along with occasional zuchinni. The pellets seem kind of big though so I end up breaking them.

I feed a little different depending on the fish for example for cichlids i like hikari pellets for everything else omega one is good or NLS.

Crick127 said:
I have a small school of neon tetras and one of zebra danios. A couple of platies. A Dwarf Grourami, Bristlenose plecos and 2 Angelfish. (I know angels and neon tetras may not work, I like my neons but fell in love with a couple of Angels and it turned into an impulse buy). I've been feeding everyone the tetra crisps and aqueon pellets for the pecos along with occasional zuchinni. The pellets seem kind of big though so I end up breaking them.

IMO you could feed the angels NLS and hikari smaller cichlid pellets that's what mine like and frozen brine shrimp and for plecos I feed the algae pellets and sinking shrimp pellets and zucchini and cucumber for your danios and tetras a good quality flake by omega one or NLS.

Crick127 said:
Cool. Thanks. Probably will go shop for some food tomorrow. I feel bad that they eat the same thing everyday. Want to give them some variety!

Sure no problem glad I could be of help! :)

Instead of using dried bloodworms, you might try frozen cubes. I use Hikari brand and you push the cube from the back through a thin membrane on the front. You don't need to touch the cube then. Other than that, Hikari also makes brine shrimp and spirulina brine shrimp dry mix.

Back
Top Bottom