Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SparKy697

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know this has been posted before and probably many times too. I tried to search for it but I always get a crazy number of returns when I use the search function on this site.

I'm looking for something other than flake food for my community tank. I seem to remember some of you posting that you like the New Life Spectrum food ( I think that is the name).

Is this the food some have been speaking of?

that is the community forum, it comes in different formulas depending on the type of fish are trying to feed....

example: i use the community formula on my 75 gallon SA community and i use the chichlid formula for my Malawi cichlids...

So far the only thing I have tried is flake food for the bulk of the residents. Algae wafers, and shrimp pellets for the guys on the bottom, frozen blood worms and those incredibly messy frozen brine shrimp.

As far as actual live food, no I have not. What do you use?

SparKy697 said:
So far the only thing I have tried is flake food for the bulk of the residents. Algae wafers, and shrimp pellets for the guys on the bottom, frozen blood worms and those incredibly messy frozen brine shrimp.

As far as actual live food, no I have not. What do you use?

Sea monkeys are easy.

I'm just not sure I'm up for the effort to raise brine shrimp for the general population just yet. I have read that they lose a lot of nutritional value when they get older.

I have silver dollars, so i put a clip in the tank and clip lettuce to it. They love it. They shredded a giant piece of lettuce I put in there last night.

SparKy697 - I use New Life Spectrum as part of my feeding routine. I like giving my fish a huge variety of foods. Try also Hikari Staple, Gold, Excel they have tiny pellets the size of the tip of a ball point pen or slightly larger. You can get Petsmart stores to price match their online store at get the Hikari pellets for a good price. Ken's fish has good goods and are very cheap. You can also try seaweed and if you have large meat eaters I use market shrimp. There is also frozen blood worms, krill, brine shrimp, and freeze dried versions as well.

my guys love either teramin tropical falkes or hikari flakes, the plecos eat algea wafers some times zucchini ( spelling? ) and the other guys eat shrimp pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, my defenseless plants!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom