fish for 10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh and instead of those other fish could maybe i get a swordtail,platy, or guppy something thats not a real botom feeder but is colorful and active and not white or blach maybe red, blue, or orange or anything different.

Why don't you take a time-out to carefully decide what fish you truly want in the tank. A 10g has great limitations so you have only a few choices. Think about what result you would like for your tank. Obviously you're picking fish that you can easily find at any lfs. What I like to do is browse fish stores to see the fish behavior and colors. Once you pick a fish (or 2) that you would love to own, then you can build up tank mates around it. This is better than impulsively buying whatever fish and then not getting the ones you really want and then deciding that you'd prefer something else and justify to yourself that you haven't really overdone the bioload....

Take some time to think about the fish you like. Any of the fish you have mentioned: mollies, platys, corys, otos, guppies, all get along fine. Think about which one(s) you would like to have the most. It's not like you're buying fish today, right?

oh and instead of those other fish could maybe i get a swordtail,platy, or guppy something thats not a real botom feeder but is colorful and active and not white or blach maybe red, blue, or orange or anything different.
Which fish do you want to replace? This is a little hard to follow. Thanks!

Why don't you take a time-out to carefully decide what fish you truly want in the tank.....

Take some time to think about the fish you like. Any of the fish you have mentioned: mollies, platys, corys, otos, guppies, all get along fine. Think about which one(s) you would like to have the most. It's not like you're buying fish today, right?
I'll second that and add that fish keeping is a life long hobby. There will be time to own all the fish you are interested in and they do not have to be all in the same tank (unless you are planning a massive upgrade.

hey Menagerie i dont want to to replace any fis they survived ick and are pretty tuff ive only had them for about a month but am attached to them.i like them and dont want to get rid of any i currently have (look down at bottom) but want some more to get i dont have enough money to get a bigger tank now but i want to get a new one soon.
2 black mollies 1m 1f
1 albino cory

oh and i looked around on line on live cams and in stores this is the fish i like Celestial Pearl Danio is it ok to put in with the others?

celestial pearl danio... could it be what is also known as a "galaxy rasbora"? If it is the case, this is an incredibly shy species that really should just be in a tank with the same speieces and maybe a bottom dwellar type.. lots of cover... so in short not a good combo with your mollies

well i just love fish cuz they swim and so if you love them then it should be ok

My two cents...Having gone to a PetStore and asked for three Ottos, I soon learned that some research would have been smart. Low and behold, there are actually different types of Otos. I was wondering why one was always sucking on the vertical surfaces and totally unfased by anything going on around him, and the other two were always on the sand, blanching out with any loud noise or fast movement, and eventually ending up hiding 100% of the time. The one on the walls is actually a "Dwarf Oto," the other two I concluded were "Dwarf Suckermouth Otos." I don't know anything about the third type the "Dwarf Suckers," but I'd suggest doing a bit of reading and telling the LFS that you want one of the ones stuck to the walls of their tanks not the ones on the substrate. I also didn't realize that the two Dwar Suckermouths need to be feed stuff other than algae.

Find fish (order by the alphabet (latin) - ascending: 59)

Back
Top Bottom