Fish for new 30 gallon tall.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good choice! I MIGHT buy another tank so i can put the best looking female (because of the cool orange blotch) from the first 3-5 batches and keep them in it. The rest of the fry after that will become feeders, lol. There i not much to do with convict fry.

I'll have to flush fry when they become fishs... I wish parents will eat them, so I won't have anything to do with this -.-

That's a future project. I already owned a high tech tank heavy planted with smalls fishs. I want to expand with a low tech with bigger fishs.

If I could undo, I would have bought a 75 gal tank with a huge monster, but now I only have space for 30 gal wide + 30 gal tall.

Look into Gold Severums.

29 gallons would be fine for growing out small juveniles, but severums eventually get much too large for a 29 gallon.

Get convicts! I have a breeding pair in my 30 gallon. I am hybridizing black convict male with pink convict female. You dont have to breed them, and they have a great personality. They are awesome.

Hybridization occurs when 2 different species produce offspring. The pink convict is a color variant of the regular convict- same species, thus, this is not hybridization.

I'll have to flush fry when they become fishs... I wish parents will eat them, so I won't have anything to do with this -.-

That's a future project. I already owned a high tech tank heavy planted with smalls fishs. I want to expand with a low tech with bigger fishs.

If I could undo, I would have bought a 75 gal tank with a huge monster, but now I only have space for 30 gal wide + 30 gal tall.

Please don't- this is incredibly cruel. If you are not prepared to deal with a LOT of fry, then I would strongly suggest you do not purchase a pair of convicts. Many pet stores won't even take them off your hands for free, so I really don't get the appeal personally. There are lots of SA/CA cichlids that are just as interesting in terms of personality and behavior that will not overrun you with fry. Or, if you aren't interested in fry, why keep a pair in the first place? You could probably keep a single convict and a single firemouth in a 29 (scratch the pleco, though), and there are other less common species that would work too- some members of the genus Cryptoheros are a good example.

Back
Top Bottom