Fish for the dining room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Truthfully, I don't think I am interested in cichlids right now (again except of angelfish).
I have a planted tank in the living room and I agree that it is great. I don't think I would do it in the dining room though.

As for the betta, I was considering it, but with all the die offs with bettas lately, I want to make sure I am getting a fish from good stock.

You guys are the best, you've really got me thinking again about the possibilites.

P.S. I couldn't have a live lobster tank since I am actually allergic to shrimp, lobsters and all other crusteasans. If I eat any they would be the end of me. :)

Really the dining pleasure tank....moving your golds would be my first answer,
tetras/rasboras with a betta or discus are the slow moving fish.
Pirahnna are boring too... in a planted tank with a couple colorful armoured bottom dwellers they'd be a nice choice for peaceful, strangely enough.
Tehy are large enough, with big shiny disc bodies adn they kinda hang in one spot , to mosey around periodically. Specially well fed ones.

MrsPeel Wrote
Millipede may be on to something...hrmm time to go over to reptileadvice....
8)
It wont be til we move, hopefully just a few more weeks..., but I will eventually setup my 55 gal with a homemade(not made yet) coconut shell waterfall near the middle of the tank with a large pool area, left and right sides will have mostly organic potting soil or something as well as some really cool mosses and an ivy or two growing in there. Right now I have a gray treefrog and two firebelly toads, and a western smooth earth snake... but I'm not sure what will go in which containers. Ideally I'd like to find some Eastern Newts to breed... There are just so many possabilities

Back
Top Bottom