Fish Getting Fat- Blaming New Food LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I bought this new product that I saw at my Petsmart to feed my Dinosaur Eel. I bought HBH Super Soft Frozen Food Alternative With Krill for Freshwater and Marine Fish... Now I've been feeding this stuff maybe a month or two now... and I've noticed my fish that are eating it are getting...well fat. lol I have a platinum gourami that LOVES the stuff getting sideways fat in his abdomen..my baby mollies that're a month old (all female) look like they're pregnant fat... my dinosaur eel is perfectly fine LOL he loves them though and my blue gourami, who doesn't really eat them much is the normal size he should be. My bettas are even getting pudgy! The only reason I bought the stuff was for my eel but he's housed with other fish and sometimes I just quickly pass it off to my other two tanks as well.... I'm thinking I'm going to either have to switch fish around so he only gets them or just find another substitute for him and feed this stuff sparingly. He gets psychotic if he doesn't get food @__@ My other fish eat fish flakes normally, sparingly frozen food in all tanks.

If I remeber correctly often soft foods with krill have large amounts of protein and fat to stimulate growth. If these fish are already at adult size, maybe there is a better alternative for them.

2 of my cents 8O

I read the back of it and it doesn't say anything about growth stimulation but color enhancement LOL It's got Min. 40% protein and Min. 12% fat... so I'm cutting them back

MISADVERTISEMENT!

Back
Top Bottom