fish getting very pale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I transferred my neon tetra and my shrimp in a white cooler. Added the water from they original aquarium and its accessories, (heater, filter, etc.)

They look very very pale. Is it because they are stress? or are they adapting to the white environment?

It bin 2 days now. Gonna stay there for 5 more days, maybe more.

Patrice said:
I transferred my neon tetra and my shrimp in a white cooler. Added the water from they original aquarium and its accessories, (heater, filter, etc.)

They look very very pail. Is it because they are stress? or are they adapting to the white environment?

It bin 2 days now. Gonna stay there for 5 more days, maybe more.

Im not sure if all fish do this, but I know mine and a lot of other people's fish lose their color a bit when they haven't been in the light for a while... in the morning when I turn my light on, the fish aren't as colorful. But when I get home in the evening, they are back to normal. It could also be from stress, I don't see why a fish wouldn't be stressed after being transferred to a cooler. Maybe you should add some plants or decorations or something to help them feel more at home.

Rights , that's what weird. its not something that i have encounter before . And now, they are all most transparent .

I've come to believe that stress and water quality greatly affect fish color. I have a striped angel that almost loses all it's black stripes when I perform water changes. An hour or so later, when it's had the chance to calm down, it's stripes return to a deep black. I also have some turquoise rainbows that exhibit color change with light like maxwellag alluded to. I've also had many fish that were dull at the lfs brighten up when introduced to my tank. I attribute that change to better living conditions.

Humm they only difference is that , they probably don't like being in a "all white environment " where it can be easy for them to be seen. Or something horribly wrong with they cooler material intoxicating the fish. I just don't know. I will verify what you say tomorrow.

I've noticed neon tetras becoming very pale in stressful situations, sometimes lasting for a few days.

They could either be hungry, or stressed. Usually when i move my glowlights their color fades, same if they done eat for a few days

I agree with siva on this one. When I had neon tetras, they got stressed quite easily. Give them a few days to a week, and they should color up. If not, then something's wrong.

Im not sure if all fish do this, but I know mine and a lot of other people's fish lose their color a bit when they haven't been in the light for a while... in the morning when I turn my light on, the fish aren't as colorful. But when I get home in the evening, they are back to normal. It could also be from stress, I don't see why a fish wouldn't be stressed after being transferred to a cooler. Maybe you should add some plants or decorations or something to help them feel more at home.

This happens to my female Auratus too in the morning. after about 20 mins or so in the light they're all back to normal. it's like when they sleep their color fades. Dunno if it's normal or not but my 3 girls are healthy & tank is 0/0/20 at 76 degrees so no idea.

Day 3 : my fishs and shrimps gain a bit of color after i added they c02 to regulate the ph . The pleco still look very transparent. I am guessing there getting used to there small habitat .

Patrice said:
Day 3 : my fishs and shrimps gain a bit of color after i added they c02 to regulate the ph . The pleco still look very transparent. I am guessing there getting used to there small habitat .

Are they being active? Maybe they are simply stressed from the smaller space

Be careful when changing pH. Fish can adapt to different pH levels but don't handle sudden swings well.

Plecos do that.

Chances are you pH does not need altered.

How small is this habitat?

ok all done, now 3 shrimps and one neon tetra disappear for ever??? put its ok, now there are back in my main clean algae free tank and they are happy.

Back
Top Bottom