Fish growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowman17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've posted about this subject before with not many replys but here goes. I order some mbuna off line around late Feb early March, and so far my blue lips has outgrown the rest but is not the most dominant of the group of about 6 different species. My orange cap numbi is the most dominant of the new group and is the second largest, also a dwarf type. So my question is why the big difference in growth this happened with my original group which are also in the same tank, With my red zebra outgrowing the rest even my carbro who are a larger type compared to most mbuna. Am I doing something wrong? Is my water not up to par I do water changes every Monday at about 60% each time and feed nls. Tank is a 55g.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish growth is governed by quite a large number of variables including water quality and temperature, food, stress and the species natural growth rate.

As long as you have good water quality and everyone is eating I would not worry about it too much. Some fish just grow faster than others.

Thanks for the reply I recently seen a YouTube video of a mbuna tank and they were beastly and it made me start wondering why mine haven't reached that size. I guess I have to be patient

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom