Fish houses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know of a good website to buy fish houses? I can't find any in the pet stores that I like or are smooth enough for two of my fish (betta and black ghost) Thanks!

Also, the filter that came with the 5G tank is too powerful for my betta. It is making a ditch in the sand, and I was wondering what a good filter would be that has settings? Thanks again.

how big is your beta tank? i have an in tank filter on one of my 10's, it has a spray bar on it that i can adjust as well as a flow rate... i just stuck the spray bar on and pointed it towards the glass so i dont have to worry about my plants being swept up

BGKs will love anything you put in the tank, even clear plastic tubing. They just need something to go into to feel safe.

I would not buy caves, i would build them out of rock. I think it looks more natural.

I can't say I've ever seen anything labeled "fish house" in a pet shop. I know what you mean, but the idiots that seem to infest the LFS probably wouldn't. A BGK will be thrilled with piece of PVC pipe. Bettas really don't need shelter, just some plants (plastic works) to hide in occasionally. My wife has had two bettas that liked a house. One slept in a flower on a plastic plant and the other sleeps in a little castle with his head sticking out.

What kind of filter do you have? The only filter I've seen that blows sand around is a powerhead, which isn't the best option for a 5g tank. I'm partial to the HOB power filters. I've got a Marineland on my 29g that I like and I just bought an Aquaclear because I've heard good things. The Aquaclear has adjustable flow.

Fish house, decor, whatever, it was 4am and I was tired. The hideaway I am looking for is for my betta, the BGK already has 3 houses lol. The 5G tank came with an HOB filter and it is too powerful. It is going to blow Diablo in circles! LOL! I will check out the Aquaclear. Thanks!

I would just go with plants in the 5g with the betta. There is not much room and the betta will not care much. He will sleep were he feels.

Ok, I will go with plants. But I found out where our granite rock is in this area so I am going to go get some tomorrow to build their houses, and you are right, it looks cooler. Cheaper than buying it!

Back
Top Bottom