Fish hovering in corners??? Why are they doing this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco2014

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Iv recently noticed that my fish are all hovering in one corner they change which corner they hover in but they seem to all do it together?? Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well some details would certainly help, fish will display this type if behavior for a few reasons. Care to elaborate in your set up and stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We have guppies, swordtails, platies, balloon mollies, mollies, tetras, half moon fighter fish in a 80 litre tank. With two filters and a water heater and air pump. With a few fake plants.. X

They may all be scared of the betta??

Is it best not to have them in with other smaller fish then?? X

Sometimes they're ok, if the other fish have long flowing tails than its game on for the betta

If your guppies are male and colorful they are probably scared of the betta

Yeah guppies and betta fish shouldn't really be kept together due to the colorful and longer guppy tails :(

Do you have another home you can move your betta to if you have to?

It's possible keep them together. I have a male betta with guppies in an overstocked ten gallon and the bettA doesn't bother anyone so it's possible

Fishobsessed7

It's possible keep them together. I have a male betta with guppies in an overstocked ten gallon and the bettA doesn't bother anyone so it's possible

Fishobsessed7

It's definitely possible, it's just not recommended usually from what I understand. Depends on the particular betta too. I'm glad that your situation is working out well :)

It's definitely possible, it's just not recommended usually from what I understand. Depends on the particular betta too. I'm glad that your situation is working out well :)

My betta is very docile. He doesn't flare at other bettas either

Fishobsessed7

My betta is very docile. He doesn't flare at other bettas either

Fishobsessed7

That's great! When ours was in his little tank, he would flare his cheeks at me all the time the last week or two he was in there recently.

He argues with himself in the reflection of the tank too lol. Gives him exercise I suppose. He's very lively and full of personality. I love him.

That's great! When ours was in his little tank, he would flare his cheeks at me all the time the last week or two he was in there recently.

He argues with himself in the reflection of the tank too lol. Gives him exercise I suppose. He's very lively and full of personality. I love him.

He has a lot of personality for such a small fish. He doesn't like fingers for some reason tho. Any time a finger goes into the tank he flares and bite them. But that's about all he flares at

Fishobsessed7

She doesn't seem to be flaring or anything. She just hills in a separate corner herself x

He has a lot of personality for such a small fish. He doesn't like fingers for some reason tho. Any time a finger goes into the tank he flares and bite them. But that's about all he flares at

Fishobsessed7

Haha! :) Ours loves to try to munch on our fingers if he gets a chance! I stopped letting him for the most part when he opened his mouth as wide as he could because I was afraid he'd hurt himself doing that :( He follows our fingers on the outside of the glass usually. Ours has a great personality too.

Chills sorry ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411524490.015528.jpg

Iv recently noticed that my fish are all hovering in one corner they change which corner they hover in but they seem to all do it together?? Any ideas??

How long has the tank been set up? Do you know what the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are? How often do you do partial water changes, and how much?

Back
Top Bottom