Fish I Wish Existed...or Do They?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering what fish you guys wish would exist based on what you've already seen. Maybe some of the fish I am wishing for already exist. If anyone can point them out to me, that would be great.

Teacup Discus - Dwarf Discus. The size is the only thing holding me back on getting a pair of Discus. Lovely looking fish, but too big for me.

Dwarf Clown Loaches - Again a size issue. I love the contrasting striations, but not the size.

I am also looking for a peaceful, slow moving fish that maxes out around 5", but is kind of fat in diameter. Gouramis are cool, but they're almost flat, relatively speaking.

Most of my stuff is size issues. What do you guys wish existed in the fish world as far as strains and different species go?

Sorry no dwarf clowns or discus. Some catfish would probably fit the fat 5 inch option but most would be nocturnal. Maybe a larger rainbow fish might be what you are looking for.

there are some small clown loaches that are about 1 inch long or a little smaller but they will grow over time i have a few smaller ones they are nice in a small tank

second that neilanh!

tamra&steven - what you have are baby, or stunted clown loaches. ALL clown loaches get big. keeping them in a small tank will simply stunt their growth and eventually kill them.

second that neilanh!

tamra&steven - what you have are baby, or stunted clown loaches. ALL clown loaches get big. keeping them in a small tank will simply stunt their growth and eventually kill them.

Maybe they have confused clown loaches with another species of loach? Even then...1" is smaller than any loach I've ever heard of.

^^Yep. The smallest loach that would be common is Dwarf Chain/Sidthimunki and they get 2".

Keyholes are pretty passive, from what I've read, theotheragentm. They can be timid though, so may not be good for a tank that gets alot of traffic near it.

It has been a while, have you found your perfect fish yet, for you tank?

Back
Top Bottom