Fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really can't vacuum too much unless you have a planted tank where it's not normally necessary. I do 2x 25% pwc's per week and vacuum each time. I have sand substrate and any waste sits right on the surface, is visible and is easily removed.

Keeping the substrate clean has no downsides, it will only be beneficial (again, unless your tank is planted in which the waste becomes like fertilizer). It won't effect your beneficial bacteria, keeps your water clean, nitrAtes low and simply looks better being clean :)

You really can't vacuum too much unless you have a planted tank where it's not normally necessary. I do 2x 25% pwc's per week and vacuum each time. I have sand substrate and any waste sits right on the surface, is visible and is easily removed.

Keeping the substrate clean has no downsides, it will only be beneficial (again, unless your tank is planted in which the waste becomes like fertilizer). It won't effect your beneficial bacteria, keeps your water clean, nitrAtes low and simply looks better being clean :)

Okay cool well I don't have any real plants in it at all so I think I will be good!! Thanks, so two water changes per week and I also have black sand so any extra food that drops that they don't eat and poop. It is all very visible on that black sand.

Back
Top Bottom