Fish ID??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieGal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been looking on the net trying to ID 4 little fishys I have. Can't seem to find them. Here's a brief description;

Approx. 4 cms long
Yellowish (sort of see through)
Black line from mid torso to end of tail fin
White tips on each fin including tail

They are slender and are possibly part of the tetra family?! I can't upload any pics at the moment :roll: sorry.

No, they aren't as chunky in the middle and much paler yellow, sort of see through, with a yellow tinge. And no black on the fins, just the black stripe through the middle to the tail... thanks anyway

No, sorry. :(

The yellow colour in them isn't striped like in the pic. They are sort of see through, with a yellowish tinge. I can't upload pics because I use my work pc and think everyone in the office would notice me with my digital camera hooked up to the laptop lol

Just out of curiousity... how did you end up with fish that you don't know what they are? heh

I don't know about everywhere else, but in Northern Atlanta, a good lfs guy is like a hen's tooth!!! I've seen em come and go for almost two years, now i know that fish babies don't always resemble the adults, so its easy to get fish not sure of the id. I'll purchase one just for the learning value, and to see the reaction to other fish ( always being mindful of agression and parameters ) sometimes it's the best way to learn. IMO

Just out of curiousity... how did you end up with fish that you don't know what they are? heh

The guy at my lfs is pretty good, but doesn't always give me the correct info, including the names of fish. If they don't know, they tend to make it up here.

The silver tip tetras looked different when I bought them... no silver tips for starters... and they changed as they grew, which made me more curious.

I'll purchase one just for the learning value

I tend to purchase them for the "ooooooo isn't it preeeeetty" value lol... then find out later what they are.

Back
Top Bottom