Fish Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollywogs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

Recently, I bought 5 red phantom tetra online but I think I only got four. One of the fish I got looks like red phantom tetra but it is not red and looks bigger in size. I have attached 2 pictures and hopefully someone can help me ID it.

Personally, I think it is Chanda ranga aka Indian Glass Fish, but I am not sure.

Thank you :)

Paul

Attachments

• fishid_1.jpg
    fishid_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 49
  • fishid_2.jpg
    fishid_2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 50
It's certainly not a glass fish- I think its a red phantom that's just a bit washed out (stress?) he should colour up with rest, good water and good food :)

It's certainly not a glass fish- I think its a red phantom that's just a bit washed out (stress?) he should colour up with rest, good water and good food :)

I think you are right. The weir thing is this fish is swimming around fine and eating. After a week, all the other four have distinctive red color except for this one. I guess I will wait a little longer. Thank you for the help!

Paul

It may be just a natural variation in the colouring. Look at these pics (from Badmans tropical fish site)
Hyphessobrycon_sweglesi_md.jpg

hyphessobrycon_sweglesi_5.jpg

It may be just a natural variation in the colouring. Look at these pics (from Badmans tropical fish site)
Hyphessobrycon_sweglesi_md.jpg

hyphessobrycon_sweglesi_5.jpg

I didn't know red phantom tetras have color variations. The one I have looks more the like the picture on the bottom but of course not as colorful.

:)

Back
Top Bottom