Fish Identity Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

@rtemis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone please identify the two fish next to the Neon?
The LFS told me and I forgot the name. They both have orange tips on their rear fins and green neon on parts of the body.
picture.php

Thanks, I googled the name and thats exactly what we bought yesterday!

images

@rt

Make sure you don't have female Guppies. If you do, you'll end up with crosses. They're still beautiful fish, but Endlers are prized when they're pure.

No female guppies in my tank. Just 4 neons and a cory. I plan to keep the endlers pure. When I saw these endlers at my LFS, my daughter and I fell in love with them. After finding out what they were I've been researching these little guys and I think they're perfect for my 10 gallon. I want to buy more. Perhaps I might breed them. They get along with my neon tetras.

@rt

Yeah, these are great fish! I want to start a colony soon but limited tank size means I can't do it yet. But be careful if you do try to breed them, one person I knew started out with 10 fish, 5m/5f and had over 400 endlers in her 75 gallon tank prior to losing all but 4 in a power outage. Plus, she would scoop them out every couple of weeks and take dozens to the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom