Fish Keep Dying! HELP PLZ! :<

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, would a tank full of snails be weird?? lol. It depends on how much heaters run... I have a thermometer in my tank and despite it being winter time right now my tank is always within the range indicated on the thermometer as being acceptable so I'm not sure I would need a heater?

Depends on what kind of "animal" you get. I think mystery snails can tolerate colder water. :D And you can get them for like $2. Keep in mind, they poo alot! And you will need algae wafers to feed them, which is like $3 for a bag.
Heaters vary in price, depending on what size the tank is. You can pick up a Marineland Stealth heater for between $17-$35, and they have a lifetime warranty. :D

Do the same "rules" apply to snails as fish? i.e., use a filter, 50% water change every so often, making sure the tank is cycled and all that other stuff?

I've heard snails are more... hearty I guess the word is. Is that true? Are they as sensitive to water changes and bad stuff in the water (ammonia, nitrates, etc...)?

Some snails are, some aren't. If you google apple snails (which is what mystery snails are related to), there should be a site called applesnail.net or something, and there is a TON of good info on there, and it will tell you what you need for them. :)

Back
Top Bottom