fish mix okay or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami owner

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now I have 2 blue guaramis and 2 pearl gouramis and they are fine can I add 2 more guaramis?

Is this the 40 gallon? If so, how many other fish and what are they. If not, what are the four gouramis in?

I have 4 gouramis in the 40 with red rosies but I'm moving them so it will be 4 gouramis 2 tetras and 1 sharkminnow

If your wanting to add gouramis over and above the four you may want to keep it on the small side. Most of the gouramis can grow large, your Leeris, Pearls, can get 5"-6" if given the proprer environment. As long as there is no aggression you may want to try one of the pigmy types. They are cool looking and typically claim small territories.

If it were me, I would likely just stop with the gouramis and find a nice group of mid-range shoaling fish.

If your wanting to add gouramis over and above the four you may want to keep it on the small side. Most of the gouramis can grow large, your Leeris, Pearls, can get 5"-6" if given the proprer environment. As long as there is no aggression you may want to try one of the pigmy types. They are cool looking and typically claim small territories.

If it were me, I would likely just stop with the gouramis and find a nice group of mid-range shoaling fish.

And which school type would be good cuz I looking for eye popers

I couldn't see this working. When all the Gouramis mature you'll have problems with aggression. A 40g won't have enough room for them all and it won't be able to break up their lines of sight. The little ones will be bullied. I just don't see this working.

Back
Top Bottom