Fish on fish? Or sick? IDK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omni024

Aquarium Advice Activist
So over the past two days I've lost two danios one a day. I have a bit of a snail problem so the snails were munching on the First Lady that passed away. Her belly was gone along with most of her color when I found her. The next day I noticed another missing and once I found her she had chunks missing from her belly and hind section and she was missing a lot of her color. Now on this most recent one she was accounted for this morning and looked normal and was acting normal. And then when I came home this evening... Well refer to the description above. I did have an Ammonia spike when I took off the original filter and installed the canister (ran them both together for 6 weeks) and I've been doing daily water changes of 25% daily

Ph 7.2
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Api liquid test kit

Inhabitants as of right now
1 gold gourami
3 long fin zebra danios
4 peppered Corey's
1 BN pleco
And a but load of snails that I'm picking out as I can grab them (also put in some assassins to take help cull the population
Oh and the tank size is a 20 gallon high and I know the tank may be overstocked but I make sure all the water parameters are in check bi weekly as well as water changes.

So I don't know if my gourami is getting aggressive or if it's disease that is the problem idk. Your opinion is greatly appreciated
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456022901.921113.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456022937.021406.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456022964.700042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I find it hard to believe that the gourami could take a chunk out of the middle of a danio. They would more likely go after the fins or eyes. I can't speak to what killed the fish but the chunks were likely taken out after they died.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom