Fish Outgrowing Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so back to the petco thing. I'm an employee, and we're technically not allowed to take the fish. Because MOST stores do not have quarantine systems. IF they do, the fish goes under quarantine for 72 hours, and the fish should not have been sold for that much money. They should have been sent out for a small adoption fee. I'd try taking them to a TRUSTED LFS, someone you know who will be responsible, and make the right choice in re-homing the fish to an appropriate sized tank. (I know some LFS' in my area that will send a three inch Oscar out to a ten gallon tank)

My petco took back some cichlids from me. But they weren't too happy about it, basically had to twist their arm. But a few of my local lfs, when I asked, said that they would. No $, no store credit, but at least they would take fish off my hands if needed.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Really appreciate the discussion and insight.

Just to clarify, I don't currently have a large fish that needs "getting rid of". I am just trying to understand the options. With that being said, I don't plan to obtain any fish that will not suitable for my tank size.

Back
Top Bottom