Fish Pedicures???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.JayMay23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I came across a website that was discussing fish pedicures and I was wondering how you guys felt about it. I wasn't sure if anyone here has come across websites that discuss this "trend". Do you think it is animal cruelty or do you think it is beneficial to humans?

I'm really not sure what to think and I would love to see what you guys are thinkin.

I came across a website that was discussing fish pedicures and I was wondering how you guys felt about it. I wasn't sure if anyone here has come across websites that discuss this "trend". Do you think it is animal cruelty or do you think it is beneficial to humans?

I'm really not sure what to think and I would love to see what you guys are thinkin.

ok dont want sound stupid but fish dont have nails. right?

Okay, I had to google that one.

Now I remember seeing something on this years ago in eastern Europe. It makes me feel a little sorry for the fish, but this could just be a western prejudice because it seems weird.

I won't be sticking my feet in my aquariums any time soon, I can assure you.

Um, so basically you starve the fish to the point they eat dead skin? That does not sound healthy at all. And a tank with one hundred of these in them... I don't know about this one...
I know crazy stuff gets popular in Eastern Europe (I'm Croatian), but this one almost beats the leach obsession.

I deleted the signature .... I think that is spam.

The fish pedicure thing is actually legit .... I saw a thing on it on TV (Discovery Channel?) before. Personally, I would be tickled to death with fish nibbling on my feet ... but to each its own.

I heard on a documentary that some of these people in Japan, use it to cure diseases. But they don't have proof it works.

I've heard of it too. I don't think I could do it. Wouldn't it tickle like crazy? Along the same lines, I think there is some species of maggot that eats only dead skin so it's good for large wounds (I guess in a pinch when nothing else is available?!)

Besides the whole idea being totally ridiculous, I agree with Darby :)

I assure you guys that I am NOT a spammer. That is my website that I operate that has topics in there regarding aquarium upkeep and "fish in the news".

Please do not misread me.

There is a place somewhere overseas (Russia or something) and there are pools you can go sit in, and the fish eat the dead skin off of you. GROSS!

I don't see what's wrong with it if the fish are kept in humane conditions (not starving, fish-friendly water). Fish get food, and a safe, clean home. People get clean feet :lol: and more connected with other creatures.

In fact, I think we as a society need to look for more mutually beneficial relationships with nature!

There is a place somewhere overseas (Russia or something) and there are pools you can go sit in, and the fish eat the dead skin off of you. GROSS!

in philippines, their is this bar that feeds these catfish peoples left over food, dont believe me? heres a vid...

YouTube - Philippines - Feeding the Catfish

also in the philippines their are koi ponds that are in spas that lick or eat the bottom of peoples feet to clean it =P

its pretty cool, when i go to the philippines next year, i am going to dump spicy buffalo wings and see what happens =] maybe ill get spicy buffalo catfish wings LOLOLOLOLMAO

ok dont want sound stupid but fish dont have nails. right?

lol! no silly! :cool: fish pedicures are something that people get... you put your feet in a pond and the fish eat the dead skin cells of of your feet. There are some places where this is banned out of fear of sanitary issues but these happen in a few places.

I did not click on the link that has now been removed, but I did google it and there were tons of sites on the topic, from salons and clinics offering the service to youtube vids.

lol! no silly! :cool: fish pedicures are something that people get... you put your feet in a pond and the fish eat the dead skin cells of of your feet. There are some places where this is banned out of fear of sanitary issues but these happen in a few places.

my aunt that went to the philippines said it was pretty cool and it tickles a lot LMAO

Back
Top Bottom