Fish returns and replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had to return an electric yellow lab (was becoming aggressive) and a rainbow shark (was being bullied all day long). I only had them roughly 1-2 weeks and this behavior began....the lab was waiting for the other tank to finish cycling but the aggression became apparent so that was a no go......the shark wasbeing bullied by another shark, redtail to be exact...so I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON......what may work for some DOES NOT WORK FOR ALL...I will stick to AA on stocking...but sometimes SEEING is believing ....NO DEATHS and NO DAMAGE to FINS and TAILS....yeah...but I did replace both of them with a BEAUTIFUL rubberlip pleco...I like his/her attitude once acclimation was over and was put into tank....yes he/she was the new kid on the block but he/she had no fear.....as they tried to approach all they felt was a tail that fanned them warning...they are no longer wondering who he/she is......he/she is cleaning my ornaments in peace....yeah all mates are appearing to get along for now...better match huh?

Pic attached of new kid on the block

Current stock in 55g
1 redtail shark
1 albino tiger barb
1 green tiger barb
4 tiger barbs
1 rubber lip pleco
1 gold gourami
1 opaline gourami
1 blue gourami

Attachments

• 20121006_093649.jpg
    20121006_093649.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 58
What size is the tank? Yellow labs should be kept in Malawi setups due to aggression. Most sharks are also territorial and need large tanks which will also lead to aggression.

What size is the tank? Yellow labs should be kept in Malawi setups due to aggression. Most sharks are also territorial and need large tanks which will also lead to aggression.

Yeah I changed my mind concerning the cichlids...I have researched sooooo much that I have decided not to indulge into the cichlids...I originally had decided my 55 was for them and was going to move the current fish to the 40 and I have a 20 for whichever may needed it...but I no longer am into the cichlids....I will only do semi-aggressive, community, and planted now.....NO CICHLIDS FOR ME although they are beautiful.....

Cichlids are beautiful but require allot of research and patience. I have a 60 gal. Mixed cichlid tank. This is my show piece tank in my home. But out of 9 tanks with 1 of them being salt water I have to be the most attentive to the cichlid tank.

Cichlids are beautiful but require allot of research and patience. I have a 60 gal. Mixed cichlid tank. This is my show piece tank in my home. But out of 9 tanks with 1 of them being salt water I have to be the most attentive to the cichlid tank.

Yes I definitely agree...I have researched so much that I realized what it would take financially and physically and I am definitely fit for it but not willing...I am more willing to do the others...years ago I had a 40g with 1 albino Oscar in it...he/she was a maintenance job alone...so learning about AC technically is no different in maintenance and actually more since I was going to put as many as I could comfortably in the 55g...I bow out.....I will continue to admire for now...maybe later on down the rode...I decided to try something new....a planted tank ...so I will be working on that shortly.....

Geronica said:
Yes I definitely agree...I have researched so much that I realized what it would take financially and physically and I am definitely fit for it but not willing...I am more willing to do the others...years ago I had a 40g with 1 albino Oscar in it...he/she was a maintenance job alone...so learning about AC technically is no different in maintenance and actually more since I was going to put as many as I could comfortably in the 55g...I bow out.....I will continue to admire for now...maybe later on down the rode...I decided to try something new....a planted tank ...so I will be working on that shortly.....

I also have 2 planned tanks, they also require maintenance but I will admit my cichlids require allot more.
I love taking care of them and watching them breed and raising babies but they are allot more work than any of my other tanks.
I am glad you did your research and made a decision that is good for you instead of getting into something you did not have time for or want to do at this time, it will make your aquarium much more fun for you and maybe you will be willing to tackle the cichlids later after enjoying a planned tank with other fish.

Back
Top Bottom