Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fish room build

I am hopefully setting up a room in the near future. I have an. Alita pump. I am probably only setting up 5-10 at most in the next year.

My first question is about plumbing the pump so it makes the most sense. I do not have a layout but it will not be extensive.

Do I use pex off the pump?

Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I used the rubber elbow that came with the pump to attach to manifold [can be whatever].
You can use PVC to make a manifold.. I used pex because I had tend I go overboard sometimes..
If the pump has the right sized fitting you might be able to right to tanks.
You have the AL 40 right ?
Can't wait to you get going. I know you are going to love it and do a great job at whatever you do.

^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have a al-15a. It came with two fittings. The one I have on it goes right to airline It is only running the one tank. I have a stainless manifold, I think 12 ports. The other is a larger opening, maybe 5/16-7/16th range. I have ďstuffĒ packed away atm waiting to move
Old 01-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The 15 a will work either way fine for 15-20 tanks I think.
The manifold would probably be best.
^^These are my weekly sales^^ GOT RAMS ???
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank tou
Old 01-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is good news. I would suggest getting started by sketching out plans and designs for the room... you have the ability to commit because it is your house and you are paying the bills. I do not have that luxury, so all of my stuff is able to get out of the house in a days notice. (My parents are really supporting, so that will never be an issue)

With this advantage, you have the ability to use your space to the maximum. Trust me, the room looks big now, once you start adding stuff, the space disappears exponentially lol.

Challenge yourself to use the space wisely while being careful to make sure that everything is easy to maintain and functional. I personally could not install an air manifold system, so I am banking on some slightly smaller air pumps to handle the tasks.

I will continue to give input, but CB is your best bet here... as you can tell by his Fishroom videos and solid rams .
Old 01-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thank you! Once we buy a house I can get serious about planning. Might know more tomorrow on that front.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Question, Iím pretty sure I am going to need to make water. I spent last week in a hotel in town. I used my tds meter and tested over 400 ppm. The local water report looks better, so who knows what it really is. How is a good way to store water? I have a couple of 35 gallon trash cans. I donít know if that will be enough
Old 01-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #9
Ichthyophile

For my fish room, I used two horse trailer water tanks, 40 gallons each. One for well water and one for R/O water. The tanks are tall, fit in a corner, and have valves, so they are very handy for storing and distributing water.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That is sweet! Thank you. Where did you get them?

Tags
build, fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com