Fish room build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbkemp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am hopefully setting up a room in the near future. I have an. Alita pump. I am probably only setting up 5-10 at most in the next year.

My first question is about plumbing the pump so it makes the most sense. I do not have a layout but it will not be extensive.

Do I use pex off the pump?

I used the rubber elbow that came with the pump to attach to manifold [can be whatever].
You can use PVC to make a manifold.. I used pex because I had tend I go overboard sometimes..:whistle:
If the pump has the right sized fitting you might be able to right to tanks.
You have the AL 40 right ?
Can't wait to you get going. I know you are going to love it and do a great job at whatever you do.:dance:

I have a al-15a. It came with two fittings. The one I have on it goes right to airline It is only running the one tank. I have a stainless manifold, I think 12 ports. The other is a larger opening, maybe 5/16-7/16th range. I have “stuff” packed away atm waiting to move

This is good news. I would suggest getting started by sketching out plans and designs for the room... you have the ability to commit because it is your house and you are paying the bills. I do not have that luxury, so all of my stuff is able to get out of the house in a days notice. (My parents are really supporting, so that will never be an issue)

With this advantage, you have the ability to use your space to the maximum. Trust me, the room looks big now, once you start adding stuff, the space disappears exponentially lol.

Challenge yourself to use the space wisely while being careful to make sure that everything is easy to maintain and functional. I personally could not install an air manifold system, so I am banking on some slightly smaller air pumps to handle the tasks.

I will continue to give input, but CB is your best bet here... as you can tell by his Fishroom videos and solid rams [emoji6].

Thank you! Once we buy a house I can get serious about planning. Might know more tomorrow on that front.

Question, I’m pretty sure I am going to need to make water. I spent last week in a hotel in town. I used my tds meter and tested over 400 ppm. The local water report looks better, so who knows what it really is. How is a good way to store water? I have a couple of 35 gallon trash cans. I don’t know if that will be enough

For my fish room, I used two horse trailer water tanks, 40 gallons each. One for well water and one for R/O water. The tanks are tall, fit in a corner, and have valves, so they are very handy for storing and distributing water.

I have been using Rubbermaid 32 /44 gallon garbage cans [new] and the wheeled dolly kit for them.2@ 32 on wheels ,1@44 on a water heater stand for easy syphoning and a 22 on wheels for waste...
I know there is some info on the Rubbermaids leaching ,but after years I have never had a problem.

It is all in my mind right now. We close in the new house in Kansas at the end of next month. From there, step one is make sure everyone is stable. I am going to divide Endlers, Bolivians and Leopoldi, and get a quarantine. I know, I know.....
I know I want Hongslio, Borelli, and Moliwe first. I am also going to do the high tech thing in a 40b at some point.

I need to find out what water actually is, set up Ro. Once that is done I will figure out what else

It is all in my mind right now. We close in the new house in Kansas at the end of next month. From there, step one is make sure everyone is stable. I am going to divide Endlers, Bolivians and Leopoldi, and get a quarantine. I know, I know.....
I know I want Hongslio, Borelli, and Moliwe first. I am also going to do the high tech thing in a 40b at some point.

I need to find out what water actually is, set up Ro. Once that is done I will figure out what else

Awesome. I am excited to see what you come up with.

We are getting close. Closed in the house last Monday. Gonna move fish is about a week.
Need some work done before I can do that. Electric and gonna ad a door that is closer to water. I am ready to get this done

Woohoo!!

Awesome! I have been waiting since last summer for this to take place - remember that phone call?

Back
Top Bottom