Fish safe to keep with platies and guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thefishwrangler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey, i have 2 platies, 2 guppies, a BN albino algae eater, and a shrimp in a 10gal tank, i will be upgrading to a 29gal tank here soon and was wanting to know what fish will be safe to keep with the fish i currently have

There are lots of other peaceful community fish you could use.
eg. other Platies, Tetras, Rasboras, etc.
If you wanted a larger fish perhaps a betta, or Gourami (not usre if the Gourami would attack the shrimp, someone else should be able to answer that for you)
Here's a link of some peaceful community fish:
Elmers Aquarium Community  Type 1 Neons

Welcome to AA! :)

Most small schooling fish (tetra, danios, rasboras, etc.) would be fine to add to your current fish in a proper group. Just be sure to add them gradually and research any additions before hand.

Some species of gourami would be fine as well as a single anglefish or pair / trio of dwarf cichlids although any shrimp would likely be snacked on. There are truly a ton of options. How long has your tank been cycled?

I am not so sure about the cichlids, and depending on the angel they get mean ( they are cichlids after all). Definitely the tetras and stuff, but not barbs. Those things nip me when I go in the tank, lol.

Back
Top Bottom