fish selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any type of fish out there that would clean up waste/dirt which is lying on the sand in my tank?

In big big tanks, plecos.

I personally have a mix of 7 shrimp and 3 siamensis algea eater, and they both work well in a 30g.

I already had a gyrino in a 10g, he was working pretty well, but when it grow it become more agressive than he was cleaning, so I had to get rid of it.

Depending of your actual population, you could try 6 corydoras? They are espescially cleaning substrates.

The best way to clean your aquarium when it's dirty is to use gravel vaccum. No fish can replace the human part of aquarium cleaning.

There is nothing that will eat animal waste, but there are things that will scavenge leftover food, plant debris, and algae, such as; shrimp, plecos, cory cats, snails, and other sucker mouth species like whiptail cats and oto's will eat algae/bio film but not leftover food and plant debris.

There is nothing that will eat animal waste, but there are things that will scavenge leftover food, plant debris, and algae, such as; shrimp, plecos, cory cats, snails, and other sucker mouth species like whiptail cats and oto's will eat algae/bio film but not leftover food and plant debris.
I had heard this about fish, but my ghost shrimp seem to get excited when my fish poop. They run out of their hiding places before the "load" hits the ground and pick at it together.
btw, I do feed them sinking tabs and stuff too, so they're not starving.

Back
Top Bottom