Fish selection community fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jignesh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How many angel fish can be keep in a 30 gallon tank with some tank mates any suggestions plz1481305643163.jpg

I would say 1 maybe 2 they get pretty big I had two in a 55 and they were happy just very territorial they owned one half the tank and my others were confined to the other half unless they were bottom fish.

No matter how many you get no more then 2 will last. Possibly only one.
Pairing up angels takes getting them in small groups and waiting for them to grow and choose a mate..Your tank is not big enough for that so a 'real' pair is out of the question IMO . A pair 'some one ' picks has at best a 50/50 chance of being a pair .There is no tell for sexing angels if their tubes are not exposed when breeding.

You should get one and dodge all the chaos more then one can cause.

Agreed with above. One would be safest. Plus I've found that my Angel Fish have their own little soap opera going on in my 125... It's a little ridiculous. When they decide suddenly Bruno isn't part of the club anymore they'll chase him to the other end of the tank, they can get pretty active while eking out these sort of things. So plenty of space is key.

If you want a lot of fish in a community but like Angels, I would suggest looking for smaller fish with similar shapes. Skirted Tetras (for example) come in a couple different colors and have the same sort of general shape plus they actually want to be in a group.

I do agree with both of them. they are very territorial I would get one in that size tank and be safe. I love having two mine would bread constantly but wasn't setup for them too do it correctly enjoy.

I had six in my 180 and two years later 1! Not even a pair! Mean fish.
I breed them and had two large pairs I my 4' 120 for a while...More bad days then good for those 4 fish! They now are much happier in their own breeding tank [next to each other just for hospitality!]

Back
Top Bottom