Fish shipping delayed...105F weather tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was eagerly expecting to get my new fish in the mail today but it seems they'll be delayed until tomorrow...And tomorrow's going to hit up 105ish (it was 101 today). Is there anything I can do? I'm already pretty much resigned to dead fish anyways but what tips can you provide? I'm planning on getting a 99 cent foam cooler and leaving it out with a note saying "leave package in cooler" and hope that my mailperson would be sympathetic.

Should have came here sooner...The post office is closed and I haven't any free time in the mornings. well...I've just got my fishing cooler out and I chucked some bottles of ice in there with a thermometer to see how cool it gets. If it stays between 75-90 I'll be happy. I've changed my plan to my cooler bike locked to a post lol. It was an expensive cooler.

Crepe said:
Should have came here sooner...The post office is closed and I haven't any free time in the mornings. well...I've just got my fishing cooler out and I chucked some bottles of ice in there with a thermometer to see how cool it gets. If it stays between 75-90 I'll be happy. I've changed my plan to my cooler bike locked to a post lol. It was an expensive cooler.

Oh man! What kind of fish did you order? I hope they're alive! And inside a building. Sometimes they load their trucks the night before.

Put a big sign on the door expressly telling them to put it in the cooler, hopefully it will work out.

With big boxes like fish shipments the mailman should be setting it at the door, I'm not sure what they do with apartment buildings but that's how they do it at regular houses.

jetajockey said:
Put a big sign on the door expressly telling them to put it in the cooler, hopefully it will work out.

With big boxes like fish shipments the mailman should be setting it at the door, I'm not sure what they do with apartment buildings but that's how they do it at regular houses.

I would hate to see it jammed in the mailbox!! Lol :p

I got australian desert gobies. They're relatively heat resistant (coming from a desert and all) but they've been the mail after today for 4 days. And since they're only fry (1/2") they haven't got nearly as much meat on them to survive so long with bad water + no food. Plus they're pretty rare state side and a PITA to source.

I'm 99% sure that the package is in stafford or already at the office (the shipping to a hub like houston is fast). They changed our mail time due to construction to 9-10am from 4pm. That means mail that would arrive in the afternoon shipments can't make it til the next morning.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a real dilemma! That's why I'm always afraid to order fish online we have such extreme temps here too, and it's been SUPER hot here this summer! Best of luck to you let us know how it goes! :)

Wow...Just as I was about to mouth off the guy for his slowness to respond. He just sends me a message saying oh..."I forgot to ship and they'll be out on saturday" Good lord I just want these fish and to never deal with this fella again. Well anyways. luckily I found out (with much prodding) he hasn't shipped yet. So hopefully I'll have them monday...(which should have happened this monday but he didn't have time saturday and said he'd ship monday)

Back
Top Bottom