fish stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it cycled? Any other fish in it or going to be? What filtration are you running?

Oh been set up 2 years but as of late been focused on my marine tank, only other fish are 1 swarf gourami and 3 kuhlis (thinking of upping to 6) Other than that, nope. Not sure the type of filter it is, but it is for 2x my tanks volume.

You don't have the "real estate" in that tank for more kuhlis, although you are correct in that they are happier in larger schools. I would not recommend them for anything less than 30 gallons, actually. They really need room to zoom.

Oh I did not know they needed more room, been in the tank 2 years now.
So i'll probally not get more

Oh been set up 2 years but as of late been focused on my marine tank, only other fish are 1 swarf gourami and 3 kuhlis (thinking of upping to 6) Other than that, nope. Not sure the type of filter it is, but it is for 2x my tanks volume.

15 gallons with a dwarf gourami and kuhli loaches, you can't really add much in the way of neons. The kuhlis are too large for the tank, which is cutting down your possibilities. Do you have another tank better suited for them?

Fraid I dont :nono:
The tank looks a little bare, so thought some more neons would befine

Basically, you have to think: small tank = small species

If stocked properly, you could have a very busy tank. In my 16 gallon, I have snails, otos, corys and red cherry shrimp. I'm fascinated with this tank because there's so much going on in it. It's like a busy little miniature city.

I'd love cherry shrimp! So if I didn't have kuhlis I could add more neons?

Absolutely. I'm not an expert on neons, but I'd think you could have your DG and maybe 8 neons.

Back
Top Bottom