Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fish stuck in a hole of driftwood!

This afternoon, I happened to check my fish and found a female dwarf gourami - currently one of the biggest fish in the tank - stuck in a small hole of the driftwood and was struggling to come out. She went to the bottom of the driftwood and tried to came out from the hole on the driftwood branch. But its body is just a little bigger than the hole. I don't know how long it has been stucking in there. I have to push it backwards from the hole to get it out.

It is wounded on dorsal spine and has bruise on side too. But the wound is not very serious and I think it can make out of it. I have to cut the hole big to avoid future incident.

I would say she is lucky. If I missed it, she would have died there from stress.

My malaysian sinking driftwood have several holes, the big one is on side of main trunck which is hollow and the hole links to it. I saw fish like to swim from bottom of the driftwood to come out of it near the top. One time I saw the dwarf gourami put its head half in the hole and it came out without swiming in. Even it swin in, the hole is big enough for it to come out from the bottom. This time it stuck on the small hole on the branch.

Tags
drift, driftwood, hole, stuck

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com