Fish suddenly aggressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the tip on shortening the cycle. I hate waiting for it to get done cycling.

pleco cant stay in a 10 gallon thats too small for him/her. Best to put him in the 90 now i would think putting the shark in last would be best that way he cant get as much territory maybe
Clown plecos get about 3 to 3 1/2 inches long. The black knife fish gets up to 25 inches long I would think he would eat the clown pleco for a midnight snack.

my bad I commented as though we were discussing a common pleco which get at least 12 inches long. clown pleco would be fine in the 10 gallon. I have a common pleco and when I read the reply I was thinking common not clown

I'll get a larger species of pleco for my 90G. Even though they'll eventually become food, I think I'm going to get some shrimp as well. They'll do well as a clean up crew until they become a snack.

Get 4 or 5 more Clown Loaches.. I agree that a 90 will not hold them at "adult" size, but they grow so slow you have a good 5-7 years before you need to worry about that.

That was going to be my next question, I think I'll add the Rainbow shark first, then the BGK, then the pleco, and the loachs last. I might keep my pleco in the 10G and go with another species for clean up in my 90.

I have heard you typically want to add the most docile fish first.

This way, by the time you add the more territorial fish, they will immediately see that the whole tank isn't theirs, and they can choose a territory away from any bothers.

Well my Clown Loach died just a couple days ago. I came home from work and he was caught in the filter intake tube, he then proceeded to stop eating and eventually passed. Once my new tank (or tanks) are set up I plan on getting 6 juve clown loachs. Thanks for all the help with the fish.

Back
Top Bottom