Fish suddenly start fighting. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a school of Mono Angels (mono Argentus) and they were living in complete harmony for few days until now. One of the small one got mad and chasing all even the big ones and she is ruling the whole tank. Others are hiding behing the filters or in plants etc.

I have been told to buy a school of 6 and putting them all together at once which I did but still this thing is happening. What shall I do? Give a time out to bully fish or what?

I didn't introduced them to brackish water yet because they were in freshwater at lfs. I bought marine salt and hydrometer and was waiting for them to first acclimate to my tank so I could gradually increase the salanity of water.

So please help what to do. I have no other fish in tank. Only a school of 6 monos.

Sometimes one angel just has an attitude problem. You could try taking her out and reintroducing her and planting some more established taller plants for them... But sometimes certain fish are just antisocial and need to go back to LFS

Sometimes one angel just has an attitude problem. You could try taking her out and reintroducing her and planting some more established taller plants for them... But sometimes certain fish are just antisocial and need to go back to LFS
Thanks for the reply. I am having a hard time picking the bully one. They all look same and when I try to catch they all run and hide and mix. Uffff.

I see they are not fighting for territory like cichlids. One is just being mean to others. What if I over crowd the tank like we do with cichlids? Buy more Monos?

When I look this fish up itvsays is a semi -aggressive fish that requires a minimum tank size of 125 gallons. How large is your tank? It is a pretty fish I have never seen before.

Back
Top Bottom