fish suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have six female fancy guppies and five long fin zebra danios. I would appreciate suggestions for new fish additions. i have a 55 gallon. Plan on getting a pleco other that i have an open for suggestions. I am new to the hobby.:thanks:

If you are going the route of pleco's you should look into a Bristlenose pleco because they only grow to about 5", where as commons grow up to a foot and a half. As for other fish suggestions, are you planning on centerpiece for the aquarium?

I agree, bristlenose plecos are awesome! I don't have a big enough tank to keep them now but I wish I did! I actually just took this pic of an albino bristlenose pleco at my LFS today! I think he kinda looks like Mario with the mustache! LOL!

img_1462464_0_798c5b3584af43baff15b69cf7f2f643.jpg

If you're looking for some centerpiece fish, a single gourami or maybe some rams could be nice! Maybe also a school of neons? Man I wish I had room for a 55! I can only have a 28!

thanks for the pleco advice!! as for centerpiece for the aquarium? not to sure what you mean

I got it now, i guess i would want one big cool fish. but i also want to have a nice little community of fish. again i am new to this but i am aware of the one inch of fish per gallon rule

Oh, no need to worry about the inch per gallon rule. Doesn't work at all because it doesn't apply the many other factors you must consider, and also it only works on the fish it was based on IMO, small tetras like neons.

Bristlenose Pleco would be a great addition to your tank. Not to big & very good in a community. Maybe an Emperor Pleco?

My Bristlenoses are stars ;)

Attachments

• image-1005878390.jpg
    image-1005878390.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3198264691.jpg
    image-3198264691.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom