Fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iambannana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just trying to decide what kind of fish to get as ive already got all the ones i wanted so i was just hoping some people would give me some suggestions? i kinda want some slightly bigger sized fish that are colorful or really cool looking, i was thinking some gouramis but they wont mix with my male betta. my tank is 1200 long 250 litre and currently i have 10 neon tetras, 5 black phantom tetras, 5 zebra loaches a bristlenose catfish and a male betta. thanks!

A few cool fish that i like are, clown loachs, black ghost knife(needs research as can grow quite large), if not for you betta then angel fish, or possibly some congo tetras :)

yeah clown loaches are cool but they grow way to big for what i want really, they have awesome personalitys though my zebra loaches are so entertaining to watch! yeah i like angel fish too but they can get quite aggresive when they get big from what ive read?
i really like the look of blue rams, will they mix into my tank or will my betta not like him? he seems like he has a real laid back personality, he just likes cruising around and checking everything out, especially likes following my loaches around but always just curious, he never flares up at all

Hmmm, it really depends on the fish. Different fish have different personalities. I think that its possible. If you have a good relationship with your local aquarium such as i do, they may agree to take the fish back if they dont suit the aquarium. Thats what i would suggest. :)

I have kept them before in a 4ft and they a beautiful fish to keep. Mine were quite placid. But you may have problems with the betta as the fins may present a tempting place for them to bite. Bettas arent always the best choice for community aquariums as even though they are not aggressive to fish that are not similar to their own species, other fish are tempted to nip their fins.

Back
Top Bottom