Fish suggestions for 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giants1249er

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 10 gallon tank just got started on its cycling. While I am waiting for it to be cycled, I would entertain fish suggestions for my freshwater tank. Thanks.

Killies, neon tetras, glowlight tetras, ember tetras, otos, betta, dwarf gourami, platies, guppies, or if you were looking for a species tank dwarf puffers, shell dwellers, microfish, there's plenty of options....

I have 3 White Skirt Tetras, 3 Dalmatian Mollies and 2 Dwarf Corey Catfish in my 10G. The Tetra's and Mollies all school together :)

you should look into dwarf puffers. they are fascinating little guys i have one. if you have any questions pm me :) but if you do decide to go with them research ALOT

you should look into dwarf puffers. they are fascinating little guys i have one. if you have any questions pm me :) but if you do decide to go with them research ALOT

Puffers will only allow him 2 fish BUT, they are VERY cool fish :)

Puffers will only allow him 2 fish BUT, they are VERY cool fish :)
yes my puffer is my favorite ^_^ however, you can also keep them with ottos and ive successfully kept mine with a kuhli loach. but it also depends on the puffers temperament

Killies, neon tetras, glowlight tetras, ember tetras, otos, betta, dwarf gourami, platies, guppies, or if you were looking for a species tank dwarf puffers, shell dwellers, microfish, there's plenty of options....

I have 3 male platies (2 orange mickey mouse and 1 calico) in my other 10 gallon tank.

I did look into them...they are an option...I think 2 is the limit for my tank...they are cute though.

I have 3 White Skirt Tetras, 3 Dalmatian Mollies and 2 Dwarf Corey Catfish in my 10G. The Tetra's and Mollies all school together :)
you got a couple problems here,the white skirts need a school of six and a 20 gallon tank,the mollys need a 30 gallon tank,and the corys need a school of 4. whta species of dwarf cory?

you got a couple problems here,the white skirts need a school of six and a 20 gallon tank,the mollys need a 30 gallon tank,and the corys need a school of 4. whta species of dwarf cory?

I know, I know. I read the tags on the fish tanks where I purchased them and according to them the Fruit Tetras (aka dyed white skirts) were NOT school fish. The info tags on the Mollies said they only grew to 2in and ALSO were not school fish. THe Cory's are Albino's.

Now, after getting home I discovered that the White Skirts needed a school of 5 and the Mollies ACTUALLY grow to 3 to 3.5 inches. Also the Mollies need a 2:1 female to male ratio.

So yeah, I thought even if I cant trust the employees for info, that I could atleast trust the printed info. My bad :)

One other thing. I read a few sites that said Corey's will do ok in groups of 3 but 4 or more is recommended.

EDIT: my original post was supposed to say 2 Mollies and 3 Corey's. I messed that up.

I highly recommend guppies... they are pretty hardy and pretty. They r easy to breed, and you can breed them to whatever color combo you want.

I would either have like 5 dwarf cories and like 5-6 nano fish/killifish or have a dwarf puffer tank. I've heard many great things about them. The nano fish that I love them most, besides the dwarf cories, would be the endlers livebearers or the CPDs. They are great I have some endlers and am planning on getting the CPDs!

Back
Top Bottom