Fish suggestions for 20 'high'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua-Zodica

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 high with 4 fish, a female krib, a white tetra, and 2 rasbora heteromorpha. Except for the krib, these fish were from when i first set up the tank a long time ago and didnt really know that tetras were schooling fish and 3 fish wasnt considered a school. anyway, Im refreshing the tank, is it possible to add more withe tetras and rasboras so they would be together. I tried it once with danios, didnt work. I would also like to add a male krib (original one died of disease 1 day before meds came), would they pair up? TIA :D

I wouldn't put two kribs in a tank with such a small footprint.
Complete your schools and you may be maxed out, but you could probably squeeze in a trio of guppies or platies.

I would add more tetras & Rosboras to make schools of a least 6 each. You may also want to add 3 Corys or Loaches for the bottom of the tank.

thnx, I had the 2 kribs before in the tank and they did great, so I think ill try again. However, Im worried that because the existing fish, because they are bigger, older, and established, will not group with the new fish. Is this correct? Also, which would be better-Corys or yo-yo loaches, for the bottom? :D

Never had a yoyo loach, but I can definitley reccomend cories to you. Those things will keep your gravel clean! And they are peaceful, will not bother a soul. Also, they should school together once they sort of "figure each other out" I had this problem with my australian rainbows, but after a couple of days, they found each other and are a team now! HTH

Yeah, don't ignore the bottom of your tank. two corys and two chinese alge eaters would be a great addition.

I would caution you against adding the male krib because if they do pair up, they will become more aggressive and territorial. If you go with cories, get three or more--they are better in groups. IMHO, CAE will get too big for what you want. If this were my tank, I would round out the schooling fish and add 4 cories--JMHO :D

CAE getting too big for that tank. If you get a group of cories, then I don't think there is room for two CAEs. Since the 20 high has such a small footprint, I would stick with little bottom feeders and I am bias towards cories :wink:

well, there are a couple of kinds, there are CAE's and there are others that are often mistaken for them. ( I can't think of the name right now.) so do your research.

Back
Top Bottom