Fish Suggestions for Small Planted Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt if you will have any luck finding dario dario locally but they are only about 1/2 long Scarlet Badis - Badis Bengalensis - Dario Dario they need live food but usually you can get one culture and keep it going for a very long time.

Most areas have local breeders of bettas with a little searching you should be able to find one.

I'm gonna agree with FastFly. I'm not a fan of dwarf Cories in smaller tanks. I have 2 big shoals in my 40 breeder of 2 species (10-12 of each species) and they like to school around in their groups. Before I added more, I only had about 7-8 of each type and even then they were very shy, hiding alot. Now having more to the groups, they come out more and stay out in the open more instead of hiding.

While they are small, there isn't a ton of room in a 5g and they do move around quite abit (atleast mine do).

Go with a Betta or the Dario Dario suggestion...although those guys (Dario Dario) sometimes only eat live foods. You'd be lucky to find one that would eat frozen...and processed (flakes and such) is probably out of the question, although sometimes, they may eat those.

Or make it a shrimp tank (if you don't already have one). :)

Well I think i'm going to just get a betta at a lfs. They are cheapish and would love to be put into a 5G compared to a cup.

I would love some of those Dario Darios but they aren't the easist to find plus don't want to risk it if they might only eat live food.

I already have two shrimp breeder tanks so I don't really need another shrimp tank :D.

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

The dario darios should be in season now. There is a fish store in Charlotte that is getting them in next week, so start checking around for them. I know certain times of the year certain fish are easier to get.

Back
Top Bottom